Saturday, February 4, 2012

A WOW brand must be globally "advocated"

In order to assess the level of advocacy of consumers, I decided to interact with these consumers who said they "liked" a brand on Facebook.
I selected a short of TOP "liked" brand from the ranking posted last time: FMCG brands, most liked.
I created a new profile on Facebook and started posting comments on the wall of each brands such as :
"38 mios people liking Coca-Cola, what did the brand do to deserve that?"
" Oreo, what is this product, never heard about!"
" Are there any Starbucks in Paris, can't find one!"
"Why is Burberry so expensive?"
...

My intention was to measure the level of reactivity of the fans, if they were reacting.
I was quite disappointed with the number of comments I had (not so many, most of the time from the webmaster...).
To me, there can be 2 explanations :
- my Facebook profile was not credible enough to bother reacting on
- my posted were not involving/teasing the fan enough

Another limit I experienced is the filter on Facebook : I have been asked by the webmaster to stop posting comments on the walls, as they considered I was spamming! Very surprising attitude from a supposed sharing platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment